Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

ANI 115 Animation Tests

So this semester I took intermediate animation aka ANI 115. It was formally an animation class where you spend one whole semester working on your own personal film. This year, my class was lucky enough to be taught by the legendary professors Alice Carter and Courtney Granner. They told us that instead of working on one film this semester, we would be working on several different tests that would help us with our observational and authenticity skills.

This semester was very stressful. My focus in the major is animation, so I didn't mind animating the tests. What was hard about the class though was being able to reach the high expectations of my professors. They pushed us hard and for good reason. I learned a lot. Most importantly, to never be okay with half-azzed work. I need to push myself a lot more if i'm going to get better and distinguish myself in the industry. I need to go the extra 150%.

I'm posting my animations that I worked on this semester in order from the beginning of the semester to the final project. I think you'll be able to tell how much my skills and storytelling have progressed - at least i hope you'll be able to. =)

Waiting Test


3 Barking Dachshunds:
a group animation where we were each assigned to animate a dachshund. Mine is the one that starts in the middle (basically the one who moves around the most)


Wave Test:


Wind test:

Coat Test:


Chair Test:


Special thanks to:
my family
my friends
Bunny
Courtney
and
Edric Yamamoto (all your crits were very helpful)

No comments:

Post a Comment